|NOTE: As of November 2018, the new home of DICOM4QI is here: https://dicom4qi.readthedocs.io|
dcmjs + cornerstone
The core functionality of reading and writing segmentations is available but has not yet been verified with all datasets for the connectathon.
Cornerstone provides image display including overlay support for showing segmentations.
- Description of the platform/product:
- name and version of the software: dcmjs alpha version, cornerstone current git master
- free? yes http://github.com/pieper/dcmjs and https://github.com/chafey/cornerstone
- commercial? can be used in commercial projects
- open source? yes, MIT license
2.Description of the relevant features of the platform:
- are both single and multiple segments supported? yes
- how are the overlapping segments handled? loaded separately, displayed as cornerstone overlays
- do you support both BINARY and FRACTIONAL segmentation types? can be loaded but not currently displayed
- do you render the segment using the color specified in the DICOM object? yes
- how do you communicate segment semantics to the user? Demo displays color, segment number, other info
- how do you support the user in defining the semantics of the object at the time segmentation is created? currently requires writing code
3.Read task: load each of the DICOM SEG datasets that accompany the imaging series into your platform
Testing of the read tasks is underway. Several incompatibilities need to be investigated.
Test dataset #1
Test dataset #2
Test dataset #3
Test dataset #4
Longitudinal Annotation dataset
Freesurfer / Corticometrix dataset
For now a simple live demo exists to create a SEG and multiframe MR object from some sample data.
Example output is available for download